CELERY VEGETABLE MELANGE WITH PASTA
From Chef Michael Ayoub, Cucina Restaurant, Brooklyn.
- Yield 24 1-1/4-cup portions
- 3 lbs. Margherita pasta, cooked, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2-1/2 lbs. celery, sliced, blanched
- 1-1/2 lbs. hot Italian sausage, grilled, sliced
- 1 lb. red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb. arugula leaves, julienne
- 6 oz. Sundried tomatoes, softened
- 1-1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp.salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and saute gently until soft. Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Serve at room temperature. Garnish with celery leaves.
American Celery Council